“Good Morning Vietnam” director Barry Levinson has signed for “The Cursed Piano”, a feature film adaptation of a best-selling novel by Chinese author Bei La.
Deadline says the story “takes place across Leningrad and Shanghai over the course of 40 years”, and Shanghai Film Group are teaming with Mike Medavoy, Levinson and Oscar-winning scribe Ronald Harwood on the project.
Shanghai Film Group is financing the film, which begins shooting in February.
The movie had been in the works for a few years.
- Exclusive : McKay talks Lego Movie sequel - March 25, 2014
- Zombie shooter gets himself some Hot Wheels - October 18, 2013
- 10 Breaking Bits - May 30, 2013
- Three Days to Kill skedded for February release - May 29, 2013
- Universal rebooting Timecop - May 23, 2013
- Trailer and Poster for Byzantium - May 22, 2013
- Good Morning Shanghai! Barry Levinson directs Cursed Piano - May 22, 2013
- MH talks to The Great Gatsby‘s Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Joel Edgerton - May 5, 2013
- Set-Visit Interviews : The Great Gatsby - May 2, 2013