1. “Titanic” alum Jonathan Hyde and “Inglourious Basterds” Richard Sammel have joined the cast of the Guillermo del Toro produced series “The Strain” (The Hollywood Reporter
2. Rumer Willis (“Sorority Row”) will guest star on the fourth season of TV hit “Pretty Little Liars” (The Hollywood Reporter)
3. Yet another trailer for “Lone Ranger” is online :
4. The full trailer for new animated series “Marvel’s Avengers Assemble” is online :
5. Two more TV spots for “World War Z” are online :
6. A new promo poster for “Ender’s Game” starring Harrison Ford and Asa Butterfield is online :
7. Sam Neill is under the impression that the next “Jurassic Park” movie is actually a ‘reboot’ (Stuff.Co.NZ)
8. The trailer for Tarantino-esque comedy “Nice Package” is online. A professional thief, his gay best friend and a sexy hostage are at the centre of this new heist comedy written and directed by Dan Macarthur. Starring Tribe heartthrob Dwayne Cameron, funny man Leon Cain and stunning newcomer Isabella Tannock the film has already accumulated a strong international following during production. Director Dan Macarthur said the film is big on characters, quirky dialogue and cool music, with influences including Quentin Tarantino and the Cohen Brothers.
“People are going to really enjoy our characters and there are so many classic lines in the film – I’m looking forward to hearing the audience’s favourite parts,” Dan said.
Produced by 18 Degrees Entertainment, the film was shot across Brisbane and the Gold Coast, but already has thousands of fans in India, Brazil, the UK and the US.
Producer Melanie Poole, who co-wrote the film with Dan said the film was shot on the Arri Alexa (used to shoot James Bond) and was set to be released internationally in late 2013.
9. The Weinstein Company has acquired the new Keanu Reeves flick “Passengers” (Screen Daily)
10. Universal’s home entertainment department has nabbed the distribution rights – meaning it’ll go direct to DVD – to Jean-Claude Van Damme comedy “Welcome to the Jungle” for the US and UK (Screen Daily)