I had the chance to catch-up with “The Office”‘s Kate Flannery on the red carpet at the benefit screening event of “Weaving the Past: Journey of Discovery” a documentary by Shelley Morrison and Walter Dominguez to support the museum of social justice, opening soon in L.A.
“Weaving the Past”, directed by Dominguez, is the captivating story of two remarkable men over one hundred years ago and their passionate dedication to social and economic justice in a time of great injustice and suffering.
We chat about the end of “The Office,” and where we can catch some of her comedic prowess next.
I have to say, I’m going to miss seeing you on a weekly basis on “The Office.”
I’m so proud and it’s been amazing. We have the greatest fans ever; it’s really, really true.
And how are you feeling about the end, I’m sure you’re-
I’m sad. I’m proud. I’m exhausted. We were just in Scranton two weeks ago and I just saw everyone on Thursday night, we all got together to watch the show.
I can’t tell you how happy I was to see a couple of people show up in the finale-
It was very exciting.
So are you taking a break for awhile?
I’m doing some charity events this month and I have a comedy act called “The Lamp Shades” coming up. I’m doing a play for two weeks in Philadelphia the Nora Ephron play “Love, Loss and What I Wore.” So, I’m going to do that for two weeks and spend a little time with my Dad.
And how it is adjusting back to theater? Are you enjoying having a live audience again?
I do, I do. I actually still do stand-up in Hollywood about once a month, I think it’s something that you have keep moving, those muscles to be able to use them.
Definitely. So do you know Shelley and Walter?
Kate: I do. I know Shelly, my boyfriend Chris, is a photographer and he worked on ‘The Office,” he was the NBC photographer that worked on ‘Will and Grace,’ for eight seasons. So he got to be friends with Shelley and Walter. Yeah, so it was a NBC connection, their show was just ending as ours was just taking off.
It was so nice to meet you, have a great night and enjoy the movie.
Kate: Yeah, I can’t wait to see it, I’ve heard great things.
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Sudeikis - December 3, 2014
- Jason Sudeikis – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Jason Bateman – Horrible Bosses 2 - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Jason Bateman - December 3, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Charlie Day - November 25, 2014
- Charlie Day – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 25, 2014
- Horrible Bosses 2 Interview : Chris Pine - November 25, 2014
- Chris Pine – Horrible Bosses 2 - November 24, 2014
- Arrow Picture Spoiler - November 10, 2014
- Skyline sequel nabs Crossbones - November 9, 2014