While most Australians will be locking themselves in their rooms come June for the heat, “MacGruber” star Will Forte will be confining himself to the one room next month so he can get some work done – and on none other than “MacGruber 2″!
Though not a bonza smash-hit upon it’s initial release, the “MacGyver” spoof developed quite the following on DVD, as such, whenever Forte does an interview, he’s asked when the sequel’s coming. And it seems, he’ll soon be able to give an “ETA” along with “Soon”.
The former “Saturday Night Live” star tells Rolling Stone that on “June 10th my writing partners John Solomon, Jorma Taccone, and I are locking ourselves in a room and writing it.”
Forte, who’d reprise the title role, says he also plans on getting Kristen Wiig and Ryan Phillippe to return for seconds.
Now just because Forte and his partners are going to write a “MacGruber 2″ doesn’t mean we can expect it to anytime soon – remember, they’re likely not going to pay for the movie to get made, so they’ll have to wait it out until someone’s willing to cough up cash for it. Considering the original wasn’t a huge hit for anyone first time around, nobody’s probably itching to do that at this stage.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015