With J.J Abram’s dance card pretty much full for the next couple of years (with his “Star Wars Episode VII” commitments), Paramount are said to be quietly on the hunt for a new director to take charge of the “Star Trek” franchise.
While there are said to be a number of names on their wishlist for “Star Trek III”, one name that Latino Review’s El Mayimbe’s heard is Paramount’s ‘prospective director’ list is “Attack the Block” writer/director Joe Cornish.
Cornish, no stranger to blockbusters having worked on the “Tintin” movie screenplay, as well as a draft of the upcoming superhero movie “Ant Man”, is “definitely” in with a shot to succeed Abrams should Paramount press play on the next “Star Trek” movie, says El Mayimbe.
Who else might be on the list I wonder!?
It’s believed the third “Star Trek” movie will be released in 2016, in time for the series’ 50th Anniversary.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015