With J.J Abram’s dance card pretty much full for the next couple of years (with his “Star Wars Episode VII” commitments), Paramount are said to be quietly on the hunt for a new director to take charge of the “Star Trek” franchise.
While there are said to be a number of names on their wishlist for “Star Trek III”, one name that Latino Review’s El Mayimbe’s heard is Paramount’s ‘prospective director’ list is “Attack the Block” writer/director Joe Cornish.
Cornish, no stranger to blockbusters having worked on the “Tintin” movie screenplay, as well as a draft of the upcoming superhero movie “Ant Man”, is “definitely” in with a shot to succeed Abrams should Paramount press play on the next “Star Trek” movie, says El Mayimbe.
Who else might be on the list I wonder!?
It’s believed the third “Star Trek” movie will be released in 2016, in time for the series’ 50th Anniversary.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015