With J.J Abram’s dance card pretty much full for the next couple of years (with his “Star Wars Episode VII” commitments), Paramount are said to be quietly on the hunt for a new director to take charge of the “Star Trek” franchise.
While there are said to be a number of names on their wishlist for “Star Trek III”, one name that Latino Review’s El Mayimbe’s heard is Paramount’s ‘prospective director’ list is “Attack the Block” writer/director Joe Cornish.
Cornish, no stranger to blockbusters having worked on the “Tintin” movie screenplay, as well as a draft of the upcoming superhero movie “Ant Man”, is “definitely” in with a shot to succeed Abrams should Paramount press play on the next “Star Trek” movie, says El Mayimbe.
Who else might be on the list I wonder!?
It’s believed the third “Star Trek” movie will be released in 2016, in time for the series’ 50th Anniversary.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014