In news that’s sent shock waves around… well, Guy Ritchie’s house, Tom Cruise has announced his departure from the “Man from U.N.C.L.E.” movie. The film, designed to be the first in a series of “U.N.C.L.E” adventures for the “Mission : Impossible” star and co-star Armie Hammer, is now without a lead as it swiftly approaches its Fall start date.
Cruise, says Deadline, has exited the Warner Bros project in favour of getting Paramount’s “Mission : Impossible 5″ together sooner, aiming to shoot the sequel before the end of the year.
George Clooney had been attached to star in “The Man from U.N.C.L.E.” a couple of years back -when Steven Soderbergh was helming – but no word on whether he’ll be asked to come back and fill-in for Cruise.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014