New Aussie flick “The Mule”, starring Hugo Weaving and John Noble, has commenced principal photography in Bangkok and Melbourne.
The film is written by the multi-talented writers, producers, actors, directors and friends Angus Sampson and Leigh Whannell (co-stars in the “Insidious” films).
Sampson and Whannell have brought together an exceptional creative team to “The Mule” to evoke a neo-noir tone. Music video auteur Tony Mahony, acclaimed for his work with Nick Cave and Paul Kelly, makes his feature directorial debut. Director of Photography is Stefan Duscio (”The Turning”, ”Any Questions for Ben”) and Production Design by AFI Award winner Paddy Reardon (”Chopper”, ”Japanese Story”).
Costume Designer is multiple AFI award winner Cappi Ireland (”Animal Kingdom”, ”The Rover”), along with Hair and Make-up Designer Fiona Rees-Jones (”The Rover”, ”100 Bloody Acres”). Editor is Andy Canny (”The Slap”, ”Underground: The Julian Assange Story”) and Sound Designer is AFI/AACTA award winning Emma Bortignon (”Noise”, ”Balibo”).
Angus Sampson is producing “The Mule” together with Jane Liscombe, who produced the Cannes Palme d’Or winning short film ”Cracker Bag” and ”Beaconsfield”. Executive Producers are Leigh Whannell (”Saw”, ”Insidious”), David Griffiths (”The Last Supper”) and Michele Bennett (”Chopper”).
Sampson said “Hugo Weaving is one of the world’s finest actors; every syllable he utters quenches one’s aural thirst and to have the compelling John Noble alongside him is truly humbling. Tony Mahony’s taste and visual design is resonant and remarkable. Leigh and I are thrilled to be collaborating with such esteemed filmmakers both in front of and behind the lens.”
“The Mule” is being produced with the assistance of Screen Australia, Film Victoria, Hopscotch and Deluxe.
Worldwide rights are through eOne Entertainment.
“The Mule” will be distributed throughout Australia and New Zealand by Hopscotch.
The film will be sharing exclusive behind the scenes footage and images via twitter and instagram accounts @themulemovie
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015