New Aussie flick “The Mule”, starring Hugo Weaving and John Noble, has commenced principal photography in Bangkok and Melbourne.
The film is written by the multi-talented writers, producers, actors, directors and friends Angus Sampson and Leigh Whannell (co-stars in the “Insidious” films).
Sampson and Whannell have brought together an exceptional creative team to “The Mule” to evoke a neo-noir tone. Music video auteur Tony Mahony, acclaimed for his work with Nick Cave and Paul Kelly, makes his feature directorial debut. Director of Photography is Stefan Duscio (”The Turning”, ”Any Questions for Ben”) and Production Design by AFI Award winner Paddy Reardon (”Chopper”, ”Japanese Story”).
Costume Designer is multiple AFI award winner Cappi Ireland (”Animal Kingdom”, ”The Rover”), along with Hair and Make-up Designer Fiona Rees-Jones (”The Rover”, ”100 Bloody Acres”). Editor is Andy Canny (”The Slap”, ”Underground: The Julian Assange Story”) and Sound Designer is AFI/AACTA award winning Emma Bortignon (”Noise”, ”Balibo”).
Angus Sampson is producing “The Mule” together with Jane Liscombe, who produced the Cannes Palme d’Or winning short film ”Cracker Bag” and ”Beaconsfield”. Executive Producers are Leigh Whannell (”Saw”, ”Insidious”), David Griffiths (”The Last Supper”) and Michele Bennett (”Chopper”).
Sampson said “Hugo Weaving is one of the world’s finest actors; every syllable he utters quenches one’s aural thirst and to have the compelling John Noble alongside him is truly humbling. Tony Mahony’s taste and visual design is resonant and remarkable. Leigh and I are thrilled to be collaborating with such esteemed filmmakers both in front of and behind the lens.”
“The Mule” is being produced with the assistance of Screen Australia, Film Victoria, Hopscotch and Deluxe.
Worldwide rights are through eOne Entertainment.
“The Mule” will be distributed throughout Australia and New Zealand by Hopscotch.
The film will be sharing exclusive behind the scenes footage and images via twitter and instagram accounts @themulemovie
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014