Jessica Chastain, Scarlett Johansson, Reese Witherspoon, and Amanda Seyfriend are the “frontrunners” to play a young Hilary Clinton in director James Ponsoldt’s “Rodham”, says The Independent.
Director Ponsoldt, whose latest film “The Spectacular Now” is generating all the right kinds of buzz, says he’s lucky to have such names interested in being a part of his film.
“They’re all wonderful actresses. We’re very fortunate that a lot of really great actors are interested in playing these roles. We’re in an enviable position.”
The film is set during the height of the Watergate scandal. “Rising star Hillary Rodham is the youngest lawyer chosen for the House Judiciary Committee to Impeach Nixon, but she soon finds herself forced to choose between a destined path to the White House and her unresolved feelings for Bill Clinton, her former boyfriend who now teaches law in Arkansas.”
No word on any of the young actors who are vying for the Bill Clinton role.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015