Jessica Chastain, Scarlett Johansson, Reese Witherspoon, and Amanda Seyfriend are the “frontrunners” to play a young Hilary Clinton in director James Ponsoldt’s “Rodham”, says The Independent.
Director Ponsoldt, whose latest film “The Spectacular Now” is generating all the right kinds of buzz, says he’s lucky to have such names interested in being a part of his film.
“They’re all wonderful actresses. We’re very fortunate that a lot of really great actors are interested in playing these roles. We’re in an enviable position.”
The film is set during the height of the Watergate scandal. “Rising star Hillary Rodham is the youngest lawyer chosen for the House Judiciary Committee to Impeach Nixon, but she soon finds herself forced to choose between a destined path to the White House and her unresolved feelings for Bill Clinton, her former boyfriend who now teaches law in Arkansas.”
No word on any of the young actors who are vying for the Bill Clinton role.
- Mike Colter confirmed as Luke Cage - December 23, 2014
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014