Jessica Chastain, Scarlett Johansson, Reese Witherspoon, and Amanda Seyfriend are the “frontrunners” to play a young Hilary Clinton in director James Ponsoldt’s “Rodham”, says The Independent.
Director Ponsoldt, whose latest film “The Spectacular Now” is generating all the right kinds of buzz, says he’s lucky to have such names interested in being a part of his film.
“They’re all wonderful actresses. We’re very fortunate that a lot of really great actors are interested in playing these roles. We’re in an enviable position.”
The film is set during the height of the Watergate scandal. “Rising star Hillary Rodham is the youngest lawyer chosen for the House Judiciary Committee to Impeach Nixon, but she soon finds herself forced to choose between a destined path to the White House and her unresolved feelings for Bill Clinton, her former boyfriend who now teaches law in Arkansas.”
No word on any of the young actors who are vying for the Bill Clinton role.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015