Melissa Leo will join Matt Dillon on Fox’s new Event series “Wayward Pines”, says Deadline.
The “Fighter” and “Gone Baby Gone” actress will play a nurse who works at the town hospital in the “Twin Peaks”-esque series, directed by M.Night Shyamalan.
Shyamalan first revealed Leo’s casting over at French site Allocine, with Deadline later adding the details of who the actress is playing.
Based on Blake Crouch’s novel Pines, the mind-bending thriller centers on Secret Service agent Ethan Burke (Dillon) who arrives in the bucolic town of Wayward Pines, ID, on a mission to find two missing federal agents. But instead of answers, Ethan’s investigation only turns up more questions. Leo will play Pam, the intense, unpredictable nurse who first takes care of Ethan when he wakes up in the Wayward Pines hospital. But it soon seems Pam may be more interested in harming than healing. Nurse Pam and Ethan grow into deadly rivals, and her role in the town of Wayward Pines proves much deeper than it first appears
“Wayward Pines” will premiere on Fox in the Fall of 2014.
- Mike Colter confirmed as Luke Cage - December 23, 2014
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014