Melissa Leo will join Matt Dillon on Fox’s new Event series “Wayward Pines”, says Deadline.
The “Fighter” and “Gone Baby Gone” actress will play a nurse who works at the town hospital in the “Twin Peaks”-esque series, directed by M.Night Shyamalan.
Shyamalan first revealed Leo’s casting over at French site Allocine, with Deadline later adding the details of who the actress is playing.
Based on Blake Crouch’s novel Pines, the mind-bending thriller centers on Secret Service agent Ethan Burke (Dillon) who arrives in the bucolic town of Wayward Pines, ID, on a mission to find two missing federal agents. But instead of answers, Ethan’s investigation only turns up more questions. Leo will play Pam, the intense, unpredictable nurse who first takes care of Ethan when he wakes up in the Wayward Pines hospital. But it soon seems Pam may be more interested in harming than healing. Nurse Pam and Ethan grow into deadly rivals, and her role in the town of Wayward Pines proves much deeper than it first appears
“Wayward Pines” will premiere on Fox in the Fall of 2014.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015