A sequel to Alcon Entertainment’s family hit “Dolphin Tale” has been greenlit, with the sequel to due to shoot in September, Moviehole has been informed.
Charles Martin Smith, the “American Graffiti” alum who directed the 2011 original, is currently polishing the script. Smith will likely reprise his directing role on the film.
The film will tell the further stories of Winter, the dolphin with the mechanical tail – now a star attraction at the Clearwater Aquarium in Florida, where the film was set.
Alcon returns to the Clearwater Aquarium for it’s September shoot.
“Dolphin Tale” starred Nathan Gamble, Ashley Judd, Morgan Freeman and Harry Connick Jr; no word on which cast members- if any – will return for the follow-up (sequel is sure to make a big splash, regardless!)
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014