Sam Mendes is in talks to direct another Bond film, according to Deadline.
With his debut 007 effort now the biggest Bond film of all time, no surprise to hear Sony Pictures and MGM want the “Skyfall” director to reprise his directing duties for the 24th Bond film, which John Logan is currently writing. Mendes was a no-go there for a while, because of his commitments to the theatre, but he and the series’ producers have got back in touch and presumably found a way and a window to make a return possible.
Ang Lee, Nicholas Winding Refn and Christopher Nolan had all been mooted as prospective Bond 24 directors in recent weeks. With Mendes (“American Beauty”, “The Road to Perdition”) looking set to return, the aforesaid trio will – if reports suggesting they were interested were true – have to wait a few years before putting their hand up for the job again.
Daniel Craig will reprise his role as James, James Bond.
- Trailer : The Love Punch - April 23, 2014
- Peters to star in Benyon’s Woman Who Came to Dinner - April 2, 2014
- Which former 007 has agreed to join The Expendables? - March 29, 2014
- Walters, Hutchison and Karna climb Sugar Mountain - March 28, 2014
- Trailer : Nymphomaniac Volume II - March 19, 2014
- Gordon, Bishop seek out Artifical Intelligence - March 6, 2014
- Cumberbatch, Oldman, Williams, McDiarmid & more locked for Star Wars : Episode VII? - February 25, 2014
- Stephen Fry joins Jack Bauer for 24 - January 28, 2014
- A couple more Star Wars Episode VII candidates - November 19, 2013
- Former Ramsay Street resident may lead Terminator - November 7, 2013