New ‘Superman’ Henry Cavill is in talks to replace Tom Cruise on Warner’s “Man from U.N.C.L.E”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Cruise exited the project recently, in which he was to co-star opposite Armie Hammer, to instead concentrate on a fifth “Mission : Impossible”.
Cavill, whose career is about to explode as a result of June’s “Man of Steel”, would play American agent Napoleon Solo in the film adaptation of the classic TV series. Guy Ritchie is directing. Hammer remains onboard to play Soviet agent Illya Kuryakin.
If Cavill signs on, “Man from U.N.C.L.E” stays on track to shoot this Fall.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014