New ‘Superman’ Henry Cavill is in talks to replace Tom Cruise on Warner’s “Man from U.N.C.L.E”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Cruise exited the project recently, in which he was to co-star opposite Armie Hammer, to instead concentrate on a fifth “Mission : Impossible”.
Cavill, whose career is about to explode as a result of June’s “Man of Steel”, would play American agent Napoleon Solo in the film adaptation of the classic TV series. Guy Ritchie is directing. Hammer remains onboard to play Soviet agent Illya Kuryakin.
If Cavill signs on, “Man from U.N.C.L.E” stays on track to shoot this Fall.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015