Out stumping her latest series “The Fall”, former “X-Files” star Gillian Anderson says she feels Dana Scully deserves a better send-off than the one she and Mulder got in 2008’s “X-Files : I Want to Believe”, and hopes another film might come to fruition.
Singing a similar tune to the one fans have been singing, the actress tells Collider a third “X-Files” movie come together could tie things up nicely.
”It feels like it needs one more chapter, in terms of the films”, says Anderson, who reprised TV’s Scully for “X-Files : Fight the Future” and “X-Files : I Want to Believe”. “I think we all feel like having one more film out there will wrap it up nicely. It’s really just a matter of when. Now, in terms of my schedule, I don’t know when that when is. I’m not in any immediate rush to be calling Chris [Carter] and tapping my foot, but if it’s meant to happen, it will happen. The fact that it’s having a second life with the children who were obsessed with it is really awesome. There’s a whole new generation out there that’s discovering it on Netflix, and that’s great.”
Anderson’s going to be pretty busy this year; aside from “The Fall”, she also recurs on TV’s “Hannibal” (as the title character’s psychiatrist), and has the lead role on the new NBC drama “Crisis”.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015