Arnold Schwarzenegger could be making his way to Television.
The “Escape Plan” star has sold a Bodybuilding drama called “Pump” to Showtime, which Michael Konyves and Eric and Kim Tannenbaum are also involved in, that’s set in a Californian Gym (appropriately called ‘Pump’) in the ’70s, says THR.
Konyves, who had a deal at the CBS TV Studios-based Tannenbaum Co., initially brought the idea to the Tannenbaums. “We loved it, but I said the only way you can really tell this story is if we can get Arnold involved,” recalls Eric Tannenbaum, adding: “The birth of the fitness/bodybuilding revolution can literally be traced back to the days when Arnold arrived in the U.S.”
If the show goes to air, Schwarzenegger intends to recur on the program (no doubt as a fictional character, since the show is set in the ’70s and he can’t pass for 22 year-old ‘Arnie’ anymore), which is set on Venice Beach.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014