“Gremlins” writer Chris Columbus is in talks to direct the interesting-sounding “Pixels” for Columbia Pictures and [Adam Sandler’s] Happy Madison, says The Hollywood Reporter.
Based on the short of the same name, the movie tells of 1980’s video game characters attacking New York City.
The trade says the film will have the characters coming out of their game, and entering the real world, where they’ll pose a threat for real. The idea is to apparently make something akin to “Ghostbusters”.
Patrick Jean, who did the short, is executive producing. Tim Herlihy wrote the screenplay for the film, which Tim Dowling did a rewrite on.
Columbus, who directed the first three “Harry Potter” films, as well as “Home Alone”, hasn’t got any cast lined up, but with Sandler producing it’s likely he’ll have some sort of role.
Here’s the original short “Pixels” :
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015