Melissa Leo, announced earlier this week for Fox’s Event series “Wayward Pines”, has nabbed another gig, she’ll star opposite Denzel Washington in “The Equalizer”.
“The Fighter” actress will play Denzel’s ‘handler’ in the Antoine Fuqua-directed film adaptation of the classic TV series, which stars Washington in the lead role (a part made famous by Edward Woodward).
Says Deadline :
Leo, who won the Oscar for The Fighter, reunites with Fuqua, who recently directed her in Olympus Has Fallen. Washington plays McCall, a retired covert operative who, seeking redemption for his dark deeds, quits a CIA-like agency and puts an advertisement in the paper that reads simply: Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer. Leo will play McCall’s former handler when he worked counter-terrorism. She provides him with intelligence about who he is facing when he runs up against a new adversary.
The film begins shooting in June in Boston.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015