Melissa Leo, announced earlier this week for Fox’s Event series “Wayward Pines”, has nabbed another gig, she’ll star opposite Denzel Washington in “The Equalizer”.
“The Fighter” actress will play Denzel’s ‘handler’ in the Antoine Fuqua-directed film adaptation of the classic TV series, which stars Washington in the lead role (a part made famous by Edward Woodward).
Says Deadline :
Leo, who won the Oscar for The Fighter, reunites with Fuqua, who recently directed her in Olympus Has Fallen. Washington plays McCall, a retired covert operative who, seeking redemption for his dark deeds, quits a CIA-like agency and puts an advertisement in the paper that reads simply: Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer. Leo will play McCall’s former handler when he worked counter-terrorism. She provides him with intelligence about who he is facing when he runs up against a new adversary.
The film begins shooting in June in Boston.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014