Melissa Leo, announced earlier this week for Fox’s Event series “Wayward Pines”, has nabbed another gig, she’ll star opposite Denzel Washington in “The Equalizer”.
“The Fighter” actress will play Denzel’s ‘handler’ in the Antoine Fuqua-directed film adaptation of the classic TV series, which stars Washington in the lead role (a part made famous by Edward Woodward).
Says Deadline :
Leo, who won the Oscar for The Fighter, reunites with Fuqua, who recently directed her in Olympus Has Fallen. Washington plays McCall, a retired covert operative who, seeking redemption for his dark deeds, quits a CIA-like agency and puts an advertisement in the paper that reads simply: Got a problem? Odds against you? Call the Equalizer. Leo will play McCall’s former handler when he worked counter-terrorism. She provides him with intelligence about who he is facing when he runs up against a new adversary.
The film begins shooting in June in Boston.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015