Scottish actress Karen Gillan, best known for her role as Amy Pond on the fifth season of TV’s “Doctor Who”, has joined Marvel’s “Guardians of the Galaxy” movie.
The Hollywood Reporter says Gillan, who joins a cast including Chris Pratt, Michael Rooker, and the recently-announced Glenn Close, will play the film’s female baddie.
The James Gunn directed movie is aiming for a June start in the UK.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014