Keira Knightley is joining Benedict Cumberbatch in “The Imitation Game”, the long-in-the-works biopic of British mathematician and cryptographer Alan Turing.
Here’s what The Hollywood Reporter has on the film :
Turing (Cumberbatch) was a U.K. mathematician and cryptographer who helped crack the German’s enigma code machine during the final years of World War II, helping the Allies to victory. He was later prosecuted by the government for being a homosexual and committed suicide.
Knightley will play a woman from a very conservative background who not only forms a complicated relationship with Turing but is there for him until the end.
Morten Tyldum, of “Headhunters” fame, directs.
Knightley will next be seen as Chris Pine’s object of affection in “Jack Ryan”.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014