Keira Knightley is joining Benedict Cumberbatch in “The Imitation Game”, the long-in-the-works biopic of British mathematician and cryptographer Alan Turing.
Here’s what The Hollywood Reporter has on the film :
Turing (Cumberbatch) was a U.K. mathematician and cryptographer who helped crack the German’s enigma code machine during the final years of World War II, helping the Allies to victory. He was later prosecuted by the government for being a homosexual and committed suicide.
Knightley will play a woman from a very conservative background who not only forms a complicated relationship with Turing but is there for him until the end.
Morten Tyldum, of “Headhunters” fame, directs.
Knightley will next be seen as Chris Pine’s object of affection in “Jack Ryan”.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015