Carey Mulligan’s going from Gatsby to Clinton.
The “Great Gatsby” star has emerged as the frontrunner to play a young Hilary Clinton, then Hilary Rodham, for Temple Hill and The Arlook Group’s upcoming biopic on the famed politico.
The Hollywood Reporter says Mulligan had competition in the form of Scarlett Johansson, Jessica Chastain and Emma Stone for the “Rodham” role.
The actress has yet to have a sit-down with director James Ponsoldt, but he’s apparently already convinced she’s the right woman for the job.
The trade says “he indie drama portrays Rodham as a young lawyer on the committee involved in President Richard Nixon’s impeachment, and her juggling a diverging career path with her unresolved feelings for future president Bill Clinton.”
Young Il Kim wrote the script, discovered on Hollywood’s infamous Black List.
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014