Carey Mulligan’s going from Gatsby to Clinton.
The “Great Gatsby” star has emerged as the frontrunner to play a young Hilary Clinton, then Hilary Rodham, for Temple Hill and The Arlook Group’s upcoming biopic on the famed politico.
The Hollywood Reporter says Mulligan had competition in the form of Scarlett Johansson, Jessica Chastain and Emma Stone for the “Rodham” role.
The actress has yet to have a sit-down with director James Ponsoldt, but he’s apparently already convinced she’s the right woman for the job.
The trade says “he indie drama portrays Rodham as a young lawyer on the committee involved in President Richard Nixon’s impeachment, and her juggling a diverging career path with her unresolved feelings for future president Bill Clinton.”
Young Il Kim wrote the script, discovered on Hollywood’s infamous Black List.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015