Carey Mulligan’s going from Gatsby to Clinton.
The “Great Gatsby” star has emerged as the frontrunner to play a young Hilary Clinton, then Hilary Rodham, for Temple Hill and The Arlook Group’s upcoming biopic on the famed politico.
The Hollywood Reporter says Mulligan had competition in the form of Scarlett Johansson, Jessica Chastain and Emma Stone for the “Rodham” role.
The actress has yet to have a sit-down with director James Ponsoldt, but he’s apparently already convinced she’s the right woman for the job.
The trade says “he indie drama portrays Rodham as a young lawyer on the committee involved in President Richard Nixon’s impeachment, and her juggling a diverging career path with her unresolved feelings for future president Bill Clinton.”
Young Il Kim wrote the script, discovered on Hollywood’s infamous Black List.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015