1. “Safe Haven” star Josh Duhamel is joining Maria Bello, Lucas Till and Tom Everett Scott in the indie drama “Strings”. “Duhamel will play Alex, an Army veteran and counselor in a small town who takes a casual approach when treating Josh (Till). Alex slowly earns his patient’s trust and respect, but their camaraderie is challenged when Josh makes a shocking discovery.” (Deadline)
2. The final pre-release trailer for “Man of Steel” is online :
3. Ole, the TV production unit owned by “Matador” director Richard Shepard and Sean Furst and Bryan Furst, is setting up shop at Twentieth Century Fox. “Richard is a fantastic and versatile director with whom every network wants to be in business, and Sean and Bryan are incredibly talented producers known for smart and distinctive projects,” 20th TV chairmen Dana Walden and Gary Newman said. “They share our passion for bold, creatively adventurous television and we think this deal with Olé is going to be an enormously successful partnership.”
4. Tom Hardy (“Inception”) will star in Takashi Miike’s English-language debut “The Outsider”, “an epic story set in post-World War II Japan, chronicling the life of a former American G.I. who becomes part of the Japanese Yakuza” (Deadline).
5. Paramount Pictures has acquired ”The Testing”, a novel by Joelle Charbonneau. “In the rebuilding of the United States after natural disasters and biological war, the best and brightest high school graduates are put through a series of tests, both physical and mental, to determine whether they have what it takes to become the leaders of future generations.” (Deadline)
6. Melissa Leo his a lock, while Rosario Dawson is in talks, to join Mark Weber’s hard examination of marriage “The Ever After” (Deadline)
7. “Star Wars” producer Rick McCallum has boarded “R’Ha”, a feature that started out as a short. ”Kaleb Lechowski created the short and is attached to direct the feature, which is unique in that it follows a nonhuman alien from a race called the R’Ha, who defend a cluster of solar systems from a menacing attack.” (The Hollywood Reporter)
8. Danny McBride’s animated comedy “Chozen” gets a series order at FXX (The Hollywood Reporter)
9. Details on the literary sequel to “The Devil Wears Prada” are online (FashionStyle.com)
10. The trailer for Netflix’s new original series “Orange is the new Black” is online.