Leonardo DiCaprio’s Appian Way is developing a biopic on influential Russian mystic Rasputin, according to Variety.
Set up at Warner Bros, the pitch from Jason Hall (“American Sniper”) assumingly chronicles everything from the Romanov’s adivsor’s ruling of the Russian Imperial family between 1907 to his death in 1916. Rasputin was also believed to be a healer and faith prophet by many.
Kevin McCormick’s Langley Park Pictures are co-producing with Appian Way.
Other outlets are suggesting DiCaprio is keen on playing Rasputin himself.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014