Leonardo DiCaprio’s Appian Way is developing a biopic on influential Russian mystic Rasputin, according to Variety.
Set up at Warner Bros, the pitch from Jason Hall (“American Sniper”) assumingly chronicles everything from the Romanov’s adivsor’s ruling of the Russian Imperial family between 1907 to his death in 1916. Rasputin was also believed to be a healer and faith prophet by many.
Kevin McCormick’s Langley Park Pictures are co-producing with Appian Way.
Other outlets are suggesting DiCaprio is keen on playing Rasputin himself.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015