Mel Gibson may have passed on the opportunity to direct the film, but according to Showbiz 411’s Roger Friedman, the “Lethal Weapon” star will instead act in Sly Stallone’s “Expendables 3″.
The unconfirmed rumour has Gibson, soon in the similar-themed “Machete Kills”, playing the film’s villain.
Should Gibson board, he’ll be surrounded by a slick cast of fellow action-movie icons including Stallone, Jason Statham, Dolph Lundgren, Mickey Rourke, Jackie Chan, Wesley Snipes, Nicolas Cage and Milla Jovovich. As of last week even Steven Seagal was said to be looking good for an appearance.
Gibson seems keen on getting back in everyone’s “good books” after this Tom Cruise-couch-jumping-like dip in popularity over the past few years. He’s resurgence will likely kick-off with his bad guy role in “Machete Kills”, out later this year. Now if only we can get him to follow up with a fifth “Lethal Weapon” we might just learn to forgive him for his irrational, rather worrisome phone calls! (Who am I kidding? I never much took any notice of what the man did off-screen, but as I see it… it’s what on-screen that matters to me. And he can still bring it.)
“The Expendables 3″, to be directed by Australia’s Patrick Hughes, is supposed to kick-off in August.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.