We’ve both horrid and hopeful news – yes, news of dissimilar varieties – for those anxiously-waiting the previously-announced but continuously-delayed “Dumb & Dumber” sequel.
After so many hiccups (everything from scheduling difficulties to budgeting arguments to script problems – problems that were bad enough that Jim Carrey took leave from the project for a while; I believe he’s back on now) Warner Bros has officially exited the Farrelly Bros’ written/directed sequel, set to reunite Jim Carrey and Jeff Daniels.
Deadline says, “Warners execs have hemmed and hawed over whether to let someone else finance while they distributed, or let it go completely. That apathy finally led to Warner Bros bailing a few days ago.”
There is some hope though! ”Wolf Of Wall Street” financier Red Granite – only in the business for a couple of years, but they do seem to have some money and a good rep – has apparently expressed interest in financing the film and selling foreign on it.
Furthermore, there are about 5 studios said to be interested in taking domestic (with Deadline predicting Universal, who do like their ‘Frat Pack’-style comedies, pick it up). Not surprising!
Either way, it sounds like this will be made.
Will Warner Bros end up regretting their decision not get involved with the sequel to one of their (well, New Line’s; Warner now own New Line though) biggest comedies of the ’90s?
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015