“Hangover” star Ed Helms is in talks to join Chris Pine in the thriller “Stretch”, says The Hollywood Reporter.
The film, to be produced under Jason Blum’s Blumhouse banner, would mark a real change of pace for the comic actor – known for his work in funnier fare like “Cedar Rapids”, “Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay”, ” Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian” and the “Hangover” trilogy.
Says the trade :
Wilson, who starred in Blum’s Insidious, is playing a down-on-his luck limo driver nicknamed Stretch who is trying to get clean and pay back a debt owed to a bookie when he gets the passenger from hell.
Chris Pine already is onboard as the passenger, a nut job who is selling his ledger of criminal associates to the highest bidder.
Helms is in talks to plays a fellow chauffeur at Stretch’s company, the ideal driver who is a ghost and shows up as Wilson’s conscience.
Sounds a bit like a dramatic version of “Scrooged”?
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015