“Hangover” star Ed Helms is in talks to join Chris Pine in the thriller “Stretch”, says The Hollywood Reporter.
The film, to be produced under Jason Blum’s Blumhouse banner, would mark a real change of pace for the comic actor – known for his work in funnier fare like “Cedar Rapids”, “Harold & Kumar Escape from Guantanamo Bay”, ” Night at the Museum: Battle of the Smithsonian” and the “Hangover” trilogy.
Says the trade :
Wilson, who starred in Blum’s Insidious, is playing a down-on-his luck limo driver nicknamed Stretch who is trying to get clean and pay back a debt owed to a bookie when he gets the passenger from hell.
Chris Pine already is onboard as the passenger, a nut job who is selling his ledger of criminal associates to the highest bidder.
Helms is in talks to plays a fellow chauffeur at Stretch’s company, the ideal driver who is a ghost and shows up as Wilson’s conscience.
Sounds a bit like a dramatic version of “Scrooged”?
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014