Some updates on a couple of video-game inspired movies, today.
Firstly, “Jurassic Park” and “Bourne Legacy” producer Frank Marshall has boarded “Assassin’s Creed”, based on the Ubisoft Video Game.
The film will star Michael Fassbender (“Prometheus”) as “a bartender who finds out he comes from a secret and historic line of assassins. He is captured by a corporation who forces him to hunt down historic artifacts using a device that brings forward the memories as well as skills of his ancestors.”
Marshall is currently working on “Jurassic Park 4″.
Meantime, another Ubisoft video-game turned movie, “Ghost Recon”, has attracted the interests of one Michael Bay. The “Transformers” producer has committed to producing the film, the game of which is inspired by the works of author Tom Clancy, and if the script is to his liking, will possibly direct.
“Having one of Hollywood’s boldest feature film directors attached to bringing Ghost Recon to the big screen is a dream come true for us,” said Jean-Julien Baronnet, chief executive officer, Ubisoft Motion Pictures in an official statement.
“And with Warner Bros. unmatched track record of successfully producing, marketing and distributing big movies from the industry’s top talents,” Baronnet added, “we think this project has huge potential.”
More on both at ‘The Hollywood Reporter‘
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014