Some updates on a couple of video-game inspired movies, today.
Firstly, “Jurassic Park” and “Bourne Legacy” producer Frank Marshall has boarded “Assassin’s Creed”, based on the Ubisoft Video Game.
The film will star Michael Fassbender (“Prometheus”) as “a bartender who finds out he comes from a secret and historic line of assassins. He is captured by a corporation who forces him to hunt down historic artifacts using a device that brings forward the memories as well as skills of his ancestors.”
Marshall is currently working on “Jurassic Park 4″.
Meantime, another Ubisoft video-game turned movie, “Ghost Recon”, has attracted the interests of one Michael Bay. The “Transformers” producer has committed to producing the film, the game of which is inspired by the works of author Tom Clancy, and if the script is to his liking, will possibly direct.
“Having one of Hollywood’s boldest feature film directors attached to bringing Ghost Recon to the big screen is a dream come true for us,” said Jean-Julien Baronnet, chief executive officer, Ubisoft Motion Pictures in an official statement.
“And with Warner Bros. unmatched track record of successfully producing, marketing and distributing big movies from the industry’s top talents,” Baronnet added, “we think this project has huge potential.”
More on both at ‘The Hollywood Reporter‘
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015