Some updates on a couple of video-game inspired movies, today.
Firstly, “Jurassic Park” and “Bourne Legacy” producer Frank Marshall has boarded “Assassin’s Creed”, based on the Ubisoft Video Game.
The film will star Michael Fassbender (“Prometheus”) as “a bartender who finds out he comes from a secret and historic line of assassins. He is captured by a corporation who forces him to hunt down historic artifacts using a device that brings forward the memories as well as skills of his ancestors.”
Marshall is currently working on “Jurassic Park 4″.
Meantime, another Ubisoft video-game turned movie, “Ghost Recon”, has attracted the interests of one Michael Bay. The “Transformers” producer has committed to producing the film, the game of which is inspired by the works of author Tom Clancy, and if the script is to his liking, will possibly direct.
“Having one of Hollywood’s boldest feature film directors attached to bringing Ghost Recon to the big screen is a dream come true for us,” said Jean-Julien Baronnet, chief executive officer, Ubisoft Motion Pictures in an official statement.
“And with Warner Bros. unmatched track record of successfully producing, marketing and distributing big movies from the industry’s top talents,” Baronnet added, “we think this project has huge potential.”
More on both at ‘The Hollywood Reporter‘
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015