‘Sandra Bullock might do Annie…’ the headlines read.
My first thought? Heche is back on the other team, and Sandy’s given up on playing ball.
Upon closer inspection, one recognizes the news is regarding an “Annie” remake that Sandra Bullock’s considering doing – and I think you, me, and Steve Martin feel a dang lot better now, right?
The star of the upcoming “The Heat” (shaping up to be one of the bigger comedies – give or take 30 pounds) is in talks to do the movie musical, which Will Smith’s Overbrook Entertainment has been constructing.
Young Oscar Nominee Quvenzhane Wallis (“Beasts of the Southern Wild”) is in talks to play the singing-dancing orphan, while Jamie Foxx will play the film’s equivalent of a contemporary Daddy Warbucks.
Sony apparently offered the role of the strict orphanage manager to Bullock previously, but she turned down the offer. According to The Wrap, her arm’s been twisted – that Will Smith has quite the grip, it seems – and it’s looking like “Annie” might get its second Oscar Winner (sure to work magic on the marketing campaign!).
Will it beat that 1982 original, though? Gonna be hard, Gonna be hard…
- Taylor-Johnson quits Fifty Shades franchise - March 26, 2015
- X-Men : Apocalypse casts Jubilee; cameos rumoured - March 26, 2015
- Trailer : Maggie - March 26, 2015
- Ben Mendelsohn may star in a Star Wars movie - March 26, 2015
- B v S : Luthor picture; story details - March 26, 2015
- Star Trek 3 : Elba to play villain; Pegg talks scripting - March 26, 2015
- Peter Craig aboard Lawrence’s Addario biopic - March 26, 2015
- Spielberg directing Ernie Cline’s Ready Player One - March 26, 2015
- Jason Segel directing a Lego movie!? - March 26, 2015
- The Smurfs to return March 31, 2017 - March 26, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.