Tom Hardy is mulling over the opportunity to play iconic musician Elton John, while “Les Miserables” star Eddie Redmayne is to play the genius Stephen Hawking.
“Mad Max Fury Road” star Hardy is the frontrunner to play the ‘Crocodile Rock’ singer in the Michael Gracey-directed biographical musical film, “Rocketman”.
FilmDistrict has acquired the rights to the film – the purchase said to have set them back near $10million.
Deadline says, ”The film follows John’s journey from 5-year old musical prodigy who by age 11 won a scholarship to the Royal Academy of Music, to a young man who rebelled against his strict upbringing, wore outrageous costumes and became a global icon who teamed with songwriter Bernie Taupin to sell more records than just about any musical artist of his era. John’s musical catalog is part of the mix, so this is going to be a major film.”
While Hardy’s name is linked to the project he isn’t officially onboard yet.
Eddie Redmayne, however, is officially locked in to play Stephen Hawking in “Theory of Everything”, according to Deadline.
The Working Title and James Marsh (“Man on a Wire”) film focuses on the relationship between Hawking and his wife.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015