Tom Hardy is mulling over the opportunity to play iconic musician Elton John, while “Les Miserables” star Eddie Redmayne is to play the genius Stephen Hawking.
“Mad Max Fury Road” star Hardy is the frontrunner to play the ‘Crocodile Rock’ singer in the Michael Gracey-directed biographical musical film, “Rocketman”.
FilmDistrict has acquired the rights to the film – the purchase said to have set them back near $10million.
Deadline says, ”The film follows John’s journey from 5-year old musical prodigy who by age 11 won a scholarship to the Royal Academy of Music, to a young man who rebelled against his strict upbringing, wore outrageous costumes and became a global icon who teamed with songwriter Bernie Taupin to sell more records than just about any musical artist of his era. John’s musical catalog is part of the mix, so this is going to be a major film.”
While Hardy’s name is linked to the project he isn’t officially onboard yet.
Eddie Redmayne, however, is officially locked in to play Stephen Hawking in “Theory of Everything”, according to Deadline.
The Working Title and James Marsh (“Man on a Wire”) film focuses on the relationship between Hawking and his wife.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015