Tom Hardy is mulling over the opportunity to play iconic musician Elton John, while “Les Miserables” star Eddie Redmayne is to play the genius Stephen Hawking.
“Mad Max Fury Road” star Hardy is the frontrunner to play the ‘Crocodile Rock’ singer in the Michael Gracey-directed biographical musical film, “Rocketman”.
FilmDistrict has acquired the rights to the film – the purchase said to have set them back near $10million.
Deadline says, ”The film follows John’s journey from 5-year old musical prodigy who by age 11 won a scholarship to the Royal Academy of Music, to a young man who rebelled against his strict upbringing, wore outrageous costumes and became a global icon who teamed with songwriter Bernie Taupin to sell more records than just about any musical artist of his era. John’s musical catalog is part of the mix, so this is going to be a major film.”
While Hardy’s name is linked to the project he isn’t officially onboard yet.
Eddie Redmayne, however, is officially locked in to play Stephen Hawking in “Theory of Everything”, according to Deadline.
The Working Title and James Marsh (“Man on a Wire”) film focuses on the relationship between Hawking and his wife.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014