Arnold Schwarzenegger will reprise his role as the mini-driving, gun-toting ‘Trench’ in action sequel “The Expendables 3″, the actor tells The Arnold Fans website.
Schwarzenegger, talking to the fan site from Australia where he’s currently participating in the 21st Century Financial Education Summit, says he reunites with Sylvester Stallone and co in August, when the production gets underway under the direction of Aussie director Patrick Hughes.
The action icon had a cameo role in the original “Expendables” film (he couldn’t fit in any more at the time because of his commitment to politics), but volunteered to play a bigger role in last year’s “Expendables 2″. It’s likely Schwarzenegger’s role in the third film is quite large, considering ‘making movies’ is his full-time vocation again.
“Expendables 3″ will feature Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham, Nicolas Cage, Milla Jovovich, Jackie Chan, Mickey Rourke, Jet Li, Wesley Snipes, Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews and – if the rumour is on the money – Mel Gibson.
Not a bad cast, right!?
“Expendables 3″ is released in August of 2014.
Yesterday Schwarzenegger confirmed his involvement in another high-profile sequel, “Terminator 5″, which he said begins filming in January.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015