Arnold Schwarzenegger will reprise his role as the mini-driving, gun-toting ‘Trench’ in action sequel “The Expendables 3″, the actor tells The Arnold Fans website.
Schwarzenegger, talking to the fan site from Australia where he’s currently participating in the 21st Century Financial Education Summit, says he reunites with Sylvester Stallone and co in August, when the production gets underway under the direction of Aussie director Patrick Hughes.
The action icon had a cameo role in the original “Expendables” film (he couldn’t fit in any more at the time because of his commitment to politics), but volunteered to play a bigger role in last year’s “Expendables 2″. It’s likely Schwarzenegger’s role in the third film is quite large, considering ‘making movies’ is his full-time vocation again.
“Expendables 3″ will feature Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham, Nicolas Cage, Milla Jovovich, Jackie Chan, Mickey Rourke, Jet Li, Wesley Snipes, Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews and – if the rumour is on the money – Mel Gibson.
Not a bad cast, right!?
“Expendables 3″ is released in August of 2014.
Yesterday Schwarzenegger confirmed his involvement in another high-profile sequel, “Terminator 5″, which he said begins filming in January.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014