Arnold Schwarzenegger will reprise his role as the mini-driving, gun-toting ‘Trench’ in action sequel “The Expendables 3″, the actor tells The Arnold Fans website.
Schwarzenegger, talking to the fan site from Australia where he’s currently participating in the 21st Century Financial Education Summit, says he reunites with Sylvester Stallone and co in August, when the production gets underway under the direction of Aussie director Patrick Hughes.
The action icon had a cameo role in the original “Expendables” film (he couldn’t fit in any more at the time because of his commitment to politics), but volunteered to play a bigger role in last year’s “Expendables 2″. It’s likely Schwarzenegger’s role in the third film is quite large, considering ‘making movies’ is his full-time vocation again.
“Expendables 3″ will feature Stallone, Schwarzenegger, Jason Statham, Nicolas Cage, Milla Jovovich, Jackie Chan, Mickey Rourke, Jet Li, Wesley Snipes, Dolph Lundgren, Terry Crews and – if the rumour is on the money – Mel Gibson.
Not a bad cast, right!?
“Expendables 3″ is released in August of 2014.
Yesterday Schwarzenegger confirmed his involvement in another high-profile sequel, “Terminator 5″, which he said begins filming in January.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015