Moviehole exclusively reported about a month ago that Alcon Entertainment was in development on a “Dolphin Tale” sequel, with Charles Martin Smith on writing duties, and a Summer start eyed. The production, we said, was expected to return to Florida, where the 2011 film was shot.
The trades have now confirmed our news, while adding that the original cast – Harry Connick Jr, Ashley Judd, Morgan Freeman and Kris Kristofferson- are expected to return, along with writer Smith who will retain his title as director.
A September 19, 2014 release has been set for the film.
A sequel to Alcon Entertainment’s family hit “Dolphin Tale” has been greenlit, with the sequel to due to shoot in September, Moviehole has been informed.
Charles Martin Smith, the “American Graffiti” alum who directed the 2011 original, is currently polishing the script. Smith will likely reprise his directing role on the film.
The film will tell the further stories of Winter, the dolphin with the mechanical tail – now a star attraction at the Clearwater Aquarium in Florida, where the film was set.
Alcon returns to the Clearwater Aquarium for it’s September shoot.
“Dolphin Tale” starred Nathan Gamble, Ashley Judd, Morgan Freeman and Harry Connick Jr; no word on which cast members- if any – will return for the follow-up (sequel is sure to make a big splash, regardless!)
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014