Moviehole exclusively reported about a month ago that Alcon Entertainment was in development on a “Dolphin Tale” sequel, with Charles Martin Smith on writing duties, and a Summer start eyed. The production, we said, was expected to return to Florida, where the 2011 film was shot.
The trades have now confirmed our news, while adding that the original cast – Harry Connick Jr, Ashley Judd, Morgan Freeman and Kris Kristofferson- are expected to return, along with writer Smith who will retain his title as director.
A September 19, 2014 release has been set for the film.
A sequel to Alcon Entertainment’s family hit “Dolphin Tale” has been greenlit, with the sequel to due to shoot in September, Moviehole has been informed.
Charles Martin Smith, the “American Graffiti” alum who directed the 2011 original, is currently polishing the script. Smith will likely reprise his directing role on the film.
The film will tell the further stories of Winter, the dolphin with the mechanical tail – now a star attraction at the Clearwater Aquarium in Florida, where the film was set.
Alcon returns to the Clearwater Aquarium for it’s September shoot.
“Dolphin Tale” starred Nathan Gamble, Ashley Judd, Morgan Freeman and Harry Connick Jr; no word on which cast members- if any – will return for the follow-up (sequel is sure to make a big splash, regardless!)
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015