1. Liam Neeson, Salma Hayek, John Krasinski, Frank Langella, Alfred Molina and Quvenzhané Wallis have all joined the voice cast of Khalil Gibran’s ”The Prophet”, to be helmed by Disney alum Roger Allers. ”Allers’ script was inspired by The Prophet, the iconic book that is one of the biggest sellers in history, north of 100 million copies in over 40 languages since it was first published by Alfred Knopf in 1923. Allers is directing the narrative story, while individual chapters based on Gibran’s poems are being helmed by animation directors from around the world, including Tomm Moore (The Secret Of Kells), Joan Gratz (Mona Lisa Descending A Staircase), Bill Plympton (Guard Dog And Your Face), Nina Paley (Sita Sings The Blues), Joann Sfar (The Rabbi’s Cat), Paul and Gaetan Brizzi (Fantasia 2000), Michal Socha (Chick) and Mohammed Harib (Freej).” (Deadline)
2. Russell Crowe has locked in his directorial debut, “The Water Diviner”, ”a film scripted by Andrew Knight and Andrew Anastasios that will shoot in Australia and Turkey later this year. It is set in 1919, and an Australian father travels to Turkey to find his two sons, who are missing after the battle of Gallipoli.” (Deadline)
3. Liv Tyler (“Armageddon”) will star in Damon Lindelof’s HBO pilot “The Leftovers”, directed by Peter Berg. ”Co-written by Lindelof and Tom Perrotta based on Perrotta’s book, the project takes place after the Rapture happens but not quite like it’s supposed to. It is the story of the people who didn’t make the cut… and a world that will never be the same. Tyler, repped by UTA and Untitled, will play Meg, a young woman on the verge of getting married, but needing an escape. As a result, she becomes a target for recruitment by members of an enigmatic cult.” (Deadline)
4. “We’re been talking about the idea for it and working on a pitch,” said Guillermo del Toro today about a ”Pacific Rim” sequel.
5. Juan Antonio Bayona (”The Impossible”, ”The Orphanage”) will direct the first two episodes of “Penny Dreadful”, the John Logan-Sam Mendes drama set up at Showtime (Deadline)
6. Greg Berlanti (“Arrow”) is to direct the science-fiction film “Epsilon” (The Hollywood Reporter)
7. “Bridesmaids” director Paul Feig says he wants to make a female spy movie (The Wrap)
8. Universal has confirmed a 2015 release for “Jurassic Park 4″. In addition, they say it’ll be filmed in 3D (Variety)
9. The first episode of Showtime’s “Ray Donovan” is online.
10. Producer Lynda Obst says she’s making a semi-sequel to “How to Lose a Guy in 10 days”, called “How to Get a Guy in 10 Days”. ”We’re trying to take the notion of preawareness of How to Lose a Guy in 10 Days’ fans and say, this is something like that. It’s not exactly that,” Obst said. “But it’s a movie in that vein. It’s not a reboot, it’s not a sequel, but it’s a movie in that tradition.” (Huffington Post)
- Red Sonja goes to the Cosmos - March 1, 2015
- Momo’s reaction to Aquaman picture reveal - March 1, 2015
- Ayer revealsSuicide Squad sets; talks Leto - March 1, 2015
- Forte readying MacGruber 2 - March 1, 2015
- Duhamel, Hudson have The Wrong Stuff - March 1, 2015
- TV casting : George, Annable, O’Quinn, Stern, Chalke - March 1, 2015
- Shankar’s Power Rangers fan film is back online! - March 1, 2015
- Former 24 star clocks into medical drama - March 1, 2015
- Lively, Clarke set for Forster’s All I See is You - February 27, 2015
- Sands files Minority Report - February 27, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.