Cameron Diaz could be headed back to the classroom, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
Sony have tapped original director Jake Kasdan to helm, and Justin Malen to write a sequel to the smash hit “Bad Teacher”. Jimmy Miller, Kasdan, Lee Eisenberg and Gene Stupnitsky will produce the film, and Melvin Mar will executive produce.
Diaz isn’t officially onboard yet, and negotiations likely won’t begin until the script is done and she’s scanned through it, but it’s expected she’ll reprise her role as a licentious, dissipated school teacher.
“Bad Teacher was a hit not just in North America, but throughout the world. We’re excited that Jake will be returning to develop and helm the sequel. We love Justin’s take on the material — it hits all the notes that made the first film such a breakthrough hit and also takes the characters in a new direction that is fresh and fun,” said Hannah Minghella, president of production for the studio, who announced the project along with Columbia Pictures president Doug Belgrad.
Confident they’ve got themselves a promising new brand on their hands, Sony also recently greenlit a “Bad Teacher” TV series, starring Ari Graynor in Diaz’s part.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.