Anne Hathaway will star in and produce an adaptation of Charlotte Rogan’s debut historical novel “The Lifeboat”, according to The Hollywood Reporter.
The film, by Working Title and Focus Features, ”centers on Grace Winter, who is standing trial for murder in 1914. The young woman is both a newlywed and a widow and she recounts how she survived the sinking the transatlantic ship Empress with the help of her new husband only to end up on a lifeboat. The quandary, however, is that there are too many people in the boat and the survivors soon begin talking about getting rid of certain people.”
“Apollo 13″ scribe William Broyles Jr is writing the script.
Hathaway, an Oscar nominee for last year’s “Les Miserables”, will produce alongside Tim Bevan, Eric Fellner and Liza Chasin of Working Title along with Film 360’s Suzan Bymel and Ben Forkner.
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014