The long-planned “Independence Day” sequel is a reality.
Fox announced today they’ve scheduled the sequel, which will reunite “disaster movie” kings Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin, for a July 3, 2015 release.
The film, a sequel to a movie that grossed $306 million domestically and $817 million worldwide, has already enticed original stars Bill Pullman and Jeff Goldblum back, with talks said to be ongoing with Will Smith. If the release day is anything to go by, production will likely commence very soon.
Emmerich and Devlin had actually mapped out a two-part follow-up to 1996’s “Independence Day” but it’s unclear whether the third film is also part of Fox’s plan.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014