The long-planned “Independence Day” sequel is a reality.
Fox announced today they’ve scheduled the sequel, which will reunite “disaster movie” kings Roland Emmerich and Dean Devlin, for a July 3, 2015 release.
The film, a sequel to a movie that grossed $306 million domestically and $817 million worldwide, has already enticed original stars Bill Pullman and Jeff Goldblum back, with talks said to be ongoing with Will Smith. If the release day is anything to go by, production will likely commence very soon.
Emmerich and Devlin had actually mapped out a two-part follow-up to 1996’s “Independence Day” but it’s unclear whether the third film is also part of Fox’s plan.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015