Busy Anna Kendrick (“Drinking Buddies”, “Pitch Perfect”) is in talks to play Cinderella in Rob Marshall’s “Into the Woods”, says The Hollywood Reporter.
Kendrick, who made her mark in the “Twilight” films before earning an Oscar nomination for her role in “Up in the Air”, would join a cast that includes Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, Chris Pine, Jake Gyllenhaal, James Corden, Emily Blunt, Tracy Ullman and Christine Baranski.
The movie musical is based on the stage play of the same name “revolves around a childless baker (Corden) and his wife (Blunt), who attempt to lift a family curse by journeying into the woods to confront the witch that put the spell on them. Along the way, they encounter a group of characters including Rapunzel, Cinderella and Little Red Riding Hood.”
Kendrick’s Cinderella would be married to a vain prince, played by Pine.
Kendrick proved in “Pitch Perfect” that she has a great set of lungs – it’s likely her version of “Cups” can be credited for helping her land this latest gig.
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014