Busy Anna Kendrick (“Drinking Buddies”, “Pitch Perfect”) is in talks to play Cinderella in Rob Marshall’s “Into the Woods”, says The Hollywood Reporter.
Kendrick, who made her mark in the “Twilight” films before earning an Oscar nomination for her role in “Up in the Air”, would join a cast that includes Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, Chris Pine, Jake Gyllenhaal, James Corden, Emily Blunt, Tracy Ullman and Christine Baranski.
The movie musical is based on the stage play of the same name “revolves around a childless baker (Corden) and his wife (Blunt), who attempt to lift a family curse by journeying into the woods to confront the witch that put the spell on them. Along the way, they encounter a group of characters including Rapunzel, Cinderella and Little Red Riding Hood.”
Kendrick’s Cinderella would be married to a vain prince, played by Pine.
Kendrick proved in “Pitch Perfect” that she has a great set of lungs – it’s likely her version of “Cups” can be credited for helping her land this latest gig.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015