Busy Anna Kendrick (“Drinking Buddies”, “Pitch Perfect”) is in talks to play Cinderella in Rob Marshall’s “Into the Woods”, says The Hollywood Reporter.
Kendrick, who made her mark in the “Twilight” films before earning an Oscar nomination for her role in “Up in the Air”, would join a cast that includes Johnny Depp, Meryl Streep, Chris Pine, Jake Gyllenhaal, James Corden, Emily Blunt, Tracy Ullman and Christine Baranski.
The movie musical is based on the stage play of the same name “revolves around a childless baker (Corden) and his wife (Blunt), who attempt to lift a family curse by journeying into the woods to confront the witch that put the spell on them. Along the way, they encounter a group of characters including Rapunzel, Cinderella and Little Red Riding Hood.”
Kendrick’s Cinderella would be married to a vain prince, played by Pine.
Kendrick proved in “Pitch Perfect” that she has a great set of lungs – it’s likely her version of “Cups” can be credited for helping her land this latest gig.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015