Having played one himself for a few years (anyone else see “Eraser” and “Batman & Robin”?), I gotta say, Arnold Schwarzenegger’s the right-man to play on-screen parent to a zombie. The ageing action hero will play pop to a young woman infected with the zombie virus that’s taking over the world – oh please, again!? – in “Maggie”, based on a black list script by John Scott 3.
The Hollywood Reporter says Henry Hobson, who hails from the world of commercials, will direct the movie, which begins production in the Fall.
Schwarzenegger’s got quite a lengthy to-do list at the moment; in addition to promoting the forthcoming “Breacher” and “Escape Plan”, he’s set to shoot “The Expendables 3″ in August and sometime after is expected to begin work on the remake of “The Toxic Avenger”. In addition, he’s committed to starring in “The Legend of Conan”, “Triplets” and “Terminator 5″, the production of which is due to kick off in January.
No rest for the muscular.
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014
- J.Jonah Jameson vs. King Kong - December 16, 2014
- Finally! McDonald’s movie in the works - December 11, 2014