It’s nice to know that, amongst all the special effects-laded action blockbusters (did that last half of “Man of Steel” feel like an for bungee jumping to anyone else?), there’s a movie out there that’s relying on a captivating plot, good actors and some relatable content to get through to the cinemagoer. Tim Winton’s “The Turning”, which consists of 17 chapters that each features a different director and stellar cast , has its premiere at the Melbourne International Film Festival and as a bit of a tease for the bow, has released the teaser.
The movie, led by curator Robert Connolly (“Balibo”) and starring Rose Byrne, Hugo Weaving, Cate Blanchett, Miranda Otto, Brenna Harding, Richard Roxburgh, Callan Mulvey, Dan Wyllie, Oscar Redding, Robyn Nevin, Susie Porter, Wayne Blair, Mirrah Foulkes and numerous others, looks like it’s going to be one to watch out for.
Here’s the newly-released trailer and poster :
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015