“Spanglish” star Paz Vega has signed to co-star opposite Jeremy Renner in “Kill the Messenger”, the true-life story of journalist Gary Webb.
The Hollywood Reporter, who announced Vega’s casting, say “Messenger tells the true story of Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Gary Webb who through his reporting exposed the CIA’s involvement in helping Nicaragua’s Contra rebels import cocaine into California during the 1980s. The agency then tried to discredit him, which ultimately led to his “committing suicide,” though with two bullets in his head.”
Vega, soon to appear in “Grace of Monaco” and “Pompeii”, will play the girlfriend of a wealthy dealer who is in jail and hopes that Webb can get him out.
The movie begins production in August, under the direction of Michael Cuesta (“Homeland”, “Dexter”).
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015