“Spanglish” star Paz Vega has signed to co-star opposite Jeremy Renner in “Kill the Messenger”, the true-life story of journalist Gary Webb.
The Hollywood Reporter, who announced Vega’s casting, say “Messenger tells the true story of Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Gary Webb who through his reporting exposed the CIA’s involvement in helping Nicaragua’s Contra rebels import cocaine into California during the 1980s. The agency then tried to discredit him, which ultimately led to his “committing suicide,” though with two bullets in his head.”
Vega, soon to appear in “Grace of Monaco” and “Pompeii”, will play the girlfriend of a wealthy dealer who is in jail and hopes that Webb can get him out.
The movie begins production in August, under the direction of Michael Cuesta (“Homeland”, “Dexter”).
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014