A couple of months ago fairytale were all the rage in Hollywood, now it seems the classic monsters of yesteryear are the must-get additions to one’s film or series.
There’s a bunch of different versions of the ‘Frankenstein’ story in the works (heck, Tim Burton’s beaten most of ‘em to the punch with his “Frankenweenie”, released last year), either for the small-screen or big, and Fox is about to plonk another atop of the wobbly pile.
Paul McGuigan’s directing a classy new take on the lab-created monster with the filmmaker currently on the hunt for thesps to bring to life the title character and his creation. Daniel Radcliffe has already agreed to play Igor.
According to Deadline, “RocknRolla” star Toby Kebbel and “Boardwalk Empire” alum Jack Huston are in the running to play Victor Von Frankenstein. As the site suggests, other actors will likely also meet with McGuigan – in London – to discuss the role, but at the moment Kebbel and Huston are the favourites for the part.
Like an inexperienced and easily bored introvert on Prom night, expect it all to be over pretty quick – McGuigan hopes to make his pick within the next fortnight.
- Jeremy London, Ethan Suplee returning for Mallrats 2 - March 28, 2015
- Dorff gets a badge for Texas Chainsaw prequel - March 28, 2015
- Another ’90s TV Hit returning! - March 28, 2015
- Super Troopers 2 director answers those lingering questions! - March 28, 2015
- Blade Runner actress nixed from sequel? - March 28, 2015
- Transformers sequels, spin offs in the works - March 28, 2015
- Seinfeld fave in talks for Force Majeure remake - March 28, 2015
- Beauty and the Beast finds it’s Garderobe - March 28, 2015
- First look at Patrick Stewart in Blunt Talk - March 28, 2015
- Cast announced for School of Rock TV series - March 28, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.