Channing Tatum wants his wife’s ex-lover to watch them having sex one night… wait, I’ll start again.
The actor tells The Hollywood Reporter that he might end up directing a sequel to “Magic Mike” – even though it’ll be hard to top Steven Soderbergh’s job on the first film, and particularly pressure-raising having one of the best director’s of all time on set (that’s where the first-line’s analogy comes into play.)
“That’s sort of where we are at — either [my producing partner] Reid Carolin and I will direct it together, or we’ll have Greg Jacobs direct. He worked as a producer on the  movie and has been Steven’s right-hand man for almost 25 movies. Right now, we’re just trying to clean up the story, and then we’ll make a decision. But it is hard for me and Reid to direct after one of the greatest directors of our time. Steven has argued [for us to do so]. He has said he would shoot it; he would DP it. And there’s another thing: Is that good? Because he is such an opinionated and talented man, if he wants to do a five-minute tracking shot through a forest, you don’t want to doubt him. It would be like having sex with your girlfriend while her porn-star ex-boyfriend is in the room watching you.”
Not that Tatum wouldn’t rather Soderbergh direct it.
“… but he really wants to be done directing movies. We’ll see. I wish people would lobby him to finish what he started: “Come on, man! Stop being stubborn and come back.” I’ve said that to him, but he is a very fixed-in-his-ways guy, and if he says it, it is hard to change.
As for the tone of the next movie? Pretty crazy, by the sounds.
“It will be a road-trip movie, and it will essentially be the movie that everyone thought the first one was going to be: crazy and fun and less slice-of-life and less drama. The first one, we had to make not so cheesy and campy; this one we are going to swing for the fences.”
In the same interview Tatum also speaks about his plans for a big-screen bio on Evil Knievel, the rumoured “Guys and Dolls” movie he might do with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, and his commitments to “22 Jump Street” and “Jupiter Ascending”.
“…then after that I am just going to turn off the phone and enjoy my life for a while. I have been going for a long time pretty hot and heavy, and I definitely need to spend some time, for my family’s sake, with them.”
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014