Henry Cavill flew – if you’ll excuse the pun – into Sydney this week to stump “Man of Steel”, director Zack Snyder’s highly-anticipated reboot of the classic ‘Superman’ film franchise. In this exclusive interview with Mandy Griffiths, Cavill talks about the uncomfortableness of wearing ‘that’ suit, some of his favourite locations that he worked in and on during the movie, why geeks are cool, and the likelihood of a Lex Luthor appearance in a future film.
In the pantheon of superheroes, Superman is the most recognized and revered character of all time. Clark Kent/Kal-El (Cavill) is a young twentysomething journalist who feels alienated by powers beyond anyone’s imagination. Transported to Earth years ago from Krypton, an advanced alien planet, Clark struggles with the ultimate question – Why am I here? Shaped by the values of his adoptive parents Martha (Lane) and Jonathan Kent (Costner), Clark soon discovers that having super abilities means making very difficult decisions. But when the world needs stability the most, it comes under attack. Will his abilities be used to maintain peace or ultimately used to divide and conquer? Clark must become the hero known as “Superman,” not only to shine as the world’s last beacon of hope but to protect the ones he loves.
“Man of Steel” is now showing
- TV Review: Arrow 3.10 (Photo Recap) - January 24, 2015
- Mandy chats to Russell Crowe at The Water Diviner premiere - December 11, 2014
- Kosta Ouzas, Nick Kozakis – Plague - November 22, 2014
- TV REVIEW: ARROW 3.5 (PHOTO RECAP) - November 9, 2014
- TV REVIEW: ARROW 3.4 (PHOTO RECAP) - November 9, 2014
- Rich Sommer – Mad Men - October 25, 2014
- Logan Lerman – Fury - October 22, 2014
- A Mandy Moment ode to Dredd - October 2, 2014
- Nadir Caselli – Lavazza Italian Film Festival - September 23, 2014
- Step Up All In - September 13, 2014
The Princess Bride
A good wine
Clint's Nicolas Cage impersonation