Julianne Moore will channel her inner politician again – something she perfected with her turn as Sarah Palin in the telemovie “Game Change” (coincidentally, written by “Hunger Games : Mockingjay” scribe Danny Strong) – with the role of President Alma Coin in “The Hunger Games : Mockingjay” and “The Hunger Games : Mockingjay Part II”, says The Hollywood Reporter.
As The Hunger Games Wiki remind us, ”President Alma Coin was the President of District 13 and the leader of the rebellion against the Capitol by the people of the districts of Panem. She is the secondary antagonist of Mockingjay, after Snow and the Capitol. She was first introduced when Katniss Everdeen met her in District 13.”
Moore and Jennifer Lawrence will share some terrific scenes together, should it come off, including the one where…. well, you know?
The perpetually versatile Moore, soon to be seen as the title character’s frightening momma in Kimberley Pierce’s new take on “Carrie”, is said to be merely “in talks” at this stage (but she’s not known to be too picky; one of her last films was that awful “6 Souls” movie). Should things progress to a signature, the actress will join Jennifer Lawrence, Josh Hutcherson and Liam Hemsworth as well as Philip Seymour Hoffman – who she worked with in “Magnolia” and “Boogie Nights” – in the films.
Moore’s most recent credits include “The English Teacher”, “Crazy Stupid Love”, “Don Jon” with Joseph Gordon-Levitt, “Chloe” with Liam Neeson, and TV’s “30 Rock”, in which she played the recurring role of Nancy Donovan. Her next film is “Seventh Son” with Jeff Bridges, due out early next year.
Francis Lawrence, who directed this year’s “Hunger Games : Catching Fire” (which we’ll, of course, be covering at Comic-Con in a couple of weeks!), will return to helm the final two installments in Summit’s money-spinning franchise.
See you at Comic-Con, Ms Moore!?
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015