“United States of Tara” scene-stealer cum formidable threat to the big screen Rosemarie DeWitt (“Promised Land”, “The Watch”, “The Odd Life of Timothy Green”) has joined Jeremy Renner on the Gary Webb biopic “Kill the Messenger”, according to Deadline.
DeWitt, soon in the flick “Touchy Feely”, will play the female lead in the pic, the story of a journalist who committed suicide after being targeted by a C.I.A. smear campaign when he linked the CIA to a scheme to arm Contra rebels in Nicaragua and import cocaine into California.
The Michael Cuesta helmed flick begins rehearsals next month.
It’s a nice score for DeWitt whose previous film appearances (bar acclaimed indy hit “My Sister’s Sister”), though good parts, weren’t widely seen. This one not only has a better chance at being seen – much more so than the likes of the Ben Stiller stinker she co-starred in, “The Watch” – but might also be the type of product award wins usually divert to.
- Fernandez, Noth, Parker, Benson are Chronically Metropolitan - January 30, 2015
- Huisman, Palmer set for Currie’s 2:22 - January 30, 2015
- Junior’s back! Problem Child headed to NBC - January 30, 2015
- Cowboy Ninja Viking finds directors - January 30, 2015
- Disney : Episodes VII and VIII due 2017, 2019 - January 30, 2015
- Eddie Murphy returning to Saturday Night Live - January 30, 2015
- Jeffrey Dean Morgan books Spielberg series - January 30, 2015
- The Flash : Set pics capture Graye, Hamill - January 30, 2015
- Teaser Trailer : Spooks : The Greater Good - January 30, 2015
- A teaser for The 5th Wave crashes down - January 30, 2015
Against the Current - the band, not adventures in dangerous swimming 101
Zedd - If our love is tragedy, why are you my remedy? (Well, answer my question!)
Arrow (Okay, Felicity from Arrow!)
Chrissy Costanza (cat eyes and buttery lyrics!)
Girls (TV) (Okay, Allison Williams!)
Movies - especially when they play in the dark.
Twin Peaks (TV)
Friends (TV) (It had me at "No way are you cool enough to pull Clint"; damn straight, Chandler!)
Traveling - preferably where water is, so I can splash someone!
Star Wars trilogy - no, the other one, fella!
Alex G - far more talented than her younger brother Alex H
Cameron Crowe movies - Say Anything..., Jerry Maguire, Almost Famous
The sign 'Free Wi-Fi'.
Reenacting dance/song scenes from "Grease" with my little girl (hey! Wait till you see my 'Summer Lovin'! - don't judge)
Die Hard - 40 stories of Sheer Adventure!
Alex Goot & Friends (his enemies aren't half as talented!)
Cooking up a nice dish and sitting in the entertainment area, on a cool night, basking in it's greatness.
Inflatable kids pools full of Vodka Lime Crush.
Acidic Email from angry, over passionate teenagers after I trash something "Twilight"-related on the site. Sparkle elsewhere.
My baby girl's big, caring heart.