James Franco, whose adaptation of “As I Lay Dying” received mixed reviews at Cannes, has a second William Faukner book he wants to adapt.
The “This is the End” star is reportedly into directing an adaptation of “The Sound and the Fury” – and he has his cast picked out already.
Franco’s brother Dave (“21 Jump Street”) and good friend Danny McBride (“This is the End”) are being lined up for roles, as is “Mad Men” star Jon Hamm.
The L.A Times report :
Set in Jefferson, Miss., “Sound” tells the epic story of the Compson family, a group of Southern aristocrats who fall on hard times early in the 20th century. Franco will be playing an undisclosed role, but—“Mad Men” fans and all members of the female species, rejoice–he’s hoping Jon Hamm will play the family patriarch, Mr. Compson. Franco said he thinks the actor will be able to do it, though he does have to iron out some scheduling issues.
Franco also hopes to cast his brother, the actor Dave Franco, as the suicidal Quentin Compson. Danny McBride, Franco’s comedic nemesis in “This Is The End,” will likely also have a role in “Sound,” Franco said, replicating his Faulkner turn in “As I Lay Dying.”
The movie, which will be funded independently, has many pieces of financing in place. “We’re in pretty good shape, but there are a few more things that have to happen before we’re good,” Franco said.
Franco recently pulled out of a movie he was set to direct, “The Garden of Last Days” so he has some time to prepare this one now.
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014
- Spielberg selects BFG‘s Sophie - December 16, 2014
- Mad Men alum joins Cameron Crowe series - December 16, 2014
- Heche, Riggle join Topher Grace musical - December 16, 2014
- More Batman v Superman spoilers! - December 16, 2014
- J.Jonah Jameson vs. King Kong - December 16, 2014
- Finally! McDonald’s movie in the works - December 11, 2014