“Goon” star Jay Baruchel says the sequel to his 2011 hockey comedy is coming along nicely.
In an interview with Lethbridge Herald, the actor – currently seen in “This is the End” – hints at a 2015 release.
“We’re furiously typing away,” Baruchel said of himself and writing partner Jesse Chabot. “If all goes according to plan, we’ll be shooting this time next year.”
Baruchel, who co-wrote, co-produced and co-starred in “Goon”, is planning for the sequel to top the first movie.
“I’m proud as hell of the first one but I think we’re going to smoke it with No. 2″, he said, adding that the new film will be “darker”.
Just based on what he and Chabot have written, Baruchel is confident “Goon 2″ is already in fine shape.
“We’re really, really excited and proud of it. As far as I’m concerned, it’s better than the first one already.”
Baruchel is next in the remake of “RoboCop”, which he said he opted to do mainly because it offered the actor an opportunity to work with two of his idols.
“I leapt at the chance to get to work with Gary Oldman and Michael Keaton,” he said. ”Oldman’s a bona fide hero of mine and Keaton’s movies raised me. To go work with heroes of mine, it was a special, special thing.”
“RoboCop” is released in 2014.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015