“Goon” star Jay Baruchel says the sequel to his 2011 hockey comedy is coming along nicely.
In an interview with Lethbridge Herald, the actor – currently seen in “This is the End” – hints at a 2015 release.
“We’re furiously typing away,” Baruchel said of himself and writing partner Jesse Chabot. “If all goes according to plan, we’ll be shooting this time next year.”
Baruchel, who co-wrote, co-produced and co-starred in “Goon”, is planning for the sequel to top the first movie.
“I’m proud as hell of the first one but I think we’re going to smoke it with No. 2″, he said, adding that the new film will be “darker”.
Just based on what he and Chabot have written, Baruchel is confident “Goon 2″ is already in fine shape.
“We’re really, really excited and proud of it. As far as I’m concerned, it’s better than the first one already.”
Baruchel is next in the remake of “RoboCop”, which he said he opted to do mainly because it offered the actor an opportunity to work with two of his idols.
“I leapt at the chance to get to work with Gary Oldman and Michael Keaton,” he said. ”Oldman’s a bona fide hero of mine and Keaton’s movies raised me. To go work with heroes of mine, it was a special, special thing.”
“RoboCop” is released in 2014.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014