Aussie pop singer Samantha Jade will play Kylie Minogue in “INXS : Never Tell us Apart”, Channel 7’s biopic on famed late musician Michael Hutchence, currently filming in Melbourne under the direction of Daina Reid (“I Love You Too”).
Producer Kerrie Mainwaring revealed to The Daily Telegraph “We knew we couldn’t look past Samantha Jade when we were casting Kylie… You just need to look at her face and figure to see she’s a perfect match, and the fact that she comes from a singing background was just an added bonus in our minds.”
Jade, who rose to fame as a contestant on “The X-Factor”, has long been compared to Ms Minogue so it’s perfect casting.
Luke Arnold plays Michael Hutchence in the mini-series, with Damon Herriman (“Justified”) and Hugh Sheridan (“Pack to the Rafters”) also part of the cast.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015