Dev Patel (“Slumdog Millionaire”, “The Newsroom”) is in early talks to star in director Neill Blomkamp’s next film, which The Hollywood Reporter says is a feature-length take on the South African director’s short film “Tetra Vaal” (below).
MRC, who are behind Blomkamp’s latest film “Elysium”, are also onboard the untitled new picture.
Blomkamp regular Sharlto Copley is already a lock to star in the film; he’ll play a police robot working shanty towns.
Patel would play a human living in the slums.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015