Sean Astin has joined the cast of FX’s “The Strain” pilot, showrunner Carlton Cuse revealed via Twitter today.
It’s not yet known who Astin (“The Lord of the Rings”, “The Goonies”) is playing in the series, which is based on the novel trilogy co-written by Guillermo del Toro and Chuck Hogan, and fixes on a doctor and his team who are investigating a mysterious new virus outbreak – resulting in a metropolis overrun by vampires.
del Toro will direct the pilot, which will also feature Corey Stoll, Mia Maestro and John Hurt.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015