Wrestler turned actor Robert Maillet (“Pacific Rim”) and “Veronica Mars” star Francis Capra have joined the cast of Guillermo del Toro’s “The Strain” pilot.
Maillet will play the “world-conquering vampire The Master” on the FX series, while Capra has been cast in the potentially recurring role of Crispin, a midthirty’s scammer who “is always on the lookout for the easy and well paying out”.
The FX pilot, eyed for a 13-episode pickup by the network, also features John Hurt, Casey Stroll, Mia Maestro and Sean Astin. It is based on a series of novels by del Toro and Chuck Hogan about a group of doctors on the case to cure the globe of a vampire virus that is rapidly spreading.
- The King of Queens returning to TV - April 2, 2015
- Lanter fighting sharks with Nicolas Cage - April 2, 2015
- Trailer : Straight Outta Compton - April 2, 2015
- Eastwood may direct DiCaprio’s next - April 2, 2015
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D caught up in Hoax - April 2, 2015
- Berg gets a crack at G.I Joe - April 2, 2015
- Pileggi, Davis, Patrick, Gish return for X-Files - April 2, 2015
- Delpy, Cardellini enter the Marvel universe - April 2, 2015
- Deadpool to have sex with French Unicorns!? - April 2, 2015
- Lionsgate swings open for Pacino, Hopkins, Duhamel thriller - April 2, 2015