Wrestler turned actor Robert Maillet (“Pacific Rim”) and “Veronica Mars” star Francis Capra have joined the cast of Guillermo del Toro’s “The Strain” pilot.
Maillet will play the “world-conquering vampire The Master” on the FX series, while Capra has been cast in the potentially recurring role of Crispin, a midthirty’s scammer who “is always on the lookout for the easy and well paying out”.
The FX pilot, eyed for a 13-episode pickup by the network, also features John Hurt, Casey Stroll, Mia Maestro and Sean Astin. It is based on a series of novels by del Toro and Chuck Hogan about a group of doctors on the case to cure the globe of a vampire virus that is rapidly spreading.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015