Wrestler turned actor Robert Maillet (“Pacific Rim”) and “Veronica Mars” star Francis Capra have joined the cast of Guillermo del Toro’s “The Strain” pilot.
Maillet will play the “world-conquering vampire The Master” on the FX series, while Capra has been cast in the potentially recurring role of Crispin, a midthirty’s scammer who “is always on the lookout for the easy and well paying out”.
The FX pilot, eyed for a 13-episode pickup by the network, also features John Hurt, Casey Stroll, Mia Maestro and Sean Astin. It is based on a series of novels by del Toro and Chuck Hogan about a group of doctors on the case to cure the globe of a vampire virus that is rapidly spreading.
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014