“Boondock Saints” writer/director Troy Duffy tells We Got This Covered that the series will continue, possibly in the form of a second sequel and a TV series spin-off.
TV show is still on the hopper here. I’m still working on the third film too. I’m trying to find my way through that plot. It could start to get a little bit comic book like when you think about it. You know, these two prolific vigilante characters in prison and then they get out and have the backing of the catholic church. It could get pretty extreme.
I’m working through it though. I’m about halfway done the script. So ya, that’s definitely on the front. We’re doing a third instalment. One of the things that I’m hoping to provide fans with in the third film is a lot of answers to their questions about the brothers. The film is going to be more introspective. I don’t want to give too much away but right now I couldn’t be more pleased with how it’s turning out.
Duffy said Norman Reedus and Sean Patrick Flannery would reprise their roles as the title characters, and he’d like to have Willem Dafoe return too.
The TV series might feature new characters though, says Duffy, which means the aforesaid duo likely won’t be back.
I’m still working on that but it’s a good question. I kind of envision a re-birth of The Boondock Saints for a new generation. With television you can go so much more in depth and tell a lot more story. I’m excited about it.
- First look : The Man from U.N.C.L.E - December 22, 2014
- Mark Hamill on his Trickster reprisal - December 22, 2014
- Kate Winslet’s next Job may be with Boyle - December 21, 2014
- Two new posters come into Focus - December 21, 2014
- Mike Myers resurrects Dr. Evil - December 21, 2014
- ‘Ross’ from Friends defends O.J Simpson - December 21, 2014
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014