“Kick-Ass 2″ director Jeff Wadlow has signed on to write, with an eye to direct, “X-Force” for Twentieth Century Fox, says The Hollywood Reporter.
As the name suggests, the film’s characters belong to Marvel’s “X-Men” Universe. Among the heroes amongst the characters, ‘Cable’ who is related to original X-Men Jean Grey and Cyclops.
Lauren Shuler Donner, who has worn a producer hat on the “X-Men” franchise, is on board to produce.
The news comes hot on the heels of XMenFilm.Com‘s discovery that Fox had registered the domain name X-Forcemovie.com, hinting at a possible future project. Fox, no doubt, had hoped to conceal the news until next week’s Comic-Con, where it’s likely they’ll officially announce the project.
Before any of this comes to fruition, Fox has Bryan Singer’s “X-Men : Days of Future Past” out 2014.
Wadlow, whose latest film “Kick-Ass 2″ opens in August, got his start with a post-film school project called “Cry Wolf” starring Jon Bon Jovi in 2005.
- Still Alice - January 25, 2015
- Trailer : She’s Funny That Way - January 25, 2015
- Brooke’s Top 5 Must See Movies of 2015 - January 25, 2015
- Hateful Eight : More cast, Production begins - January 25, 2015
- The Crow : Evans walks, Hardy talks - January 25, 2015
- New Star Wars standalone film spoilers! - January 25, 2015
- Tyrese Gibson lobbying for Green Lantern - January 25, 2015
- First look at The Revenant starring Leonardo DiCaprio - January 25, 2015
- Julia Roberts bringing Batkid to the big screen - January 24, 2015
- Eli Roth releases Knock Knock teaser - January 24, 2015