“Kick-Ass 2″ director Jeff Wadlow has signed on to write, with an eye to direct, “X-Force” for Twentieth Century Fox, says The Hollywood Reporter.
As the name suggests, the film’s characters belong to Marvel’s “X-Men” Universe. Among the heroes amongst the characters, ‘Cable’ who is related to original X-Men Jean Grey and Cyclops.
Lauren Shuler Donner, who has worn a producer hat on the “X-Men” franchise, is on board to produce.
The news comes hot on the heels of XMenFilm.Com‘s discovery that Fox had registered the domain name X-Forcemovie.com, hinting at a possible future project. Fox, no doubt, had hoped to conceal the news until next week’s Comic-Con, where it’s likely they’ll officially announce the project.
Before any of this comes to fruition, Fox has Bryan Singer’s “X-Men : Days of Future Past” out 2014.
Wadlow, whose latest film “Kick-Ass 2″ opens in August, got his start with a post-film school project called “Cry Wolf” starring Jon Bon Jovi in 2005.
- Will new Ghostbusters include the iconic theme song? - April 16, 2015
- Mann, I wanna see a Ferrari movie! - April 16, 2015
- Universal to remain on the Chris Pratt train - April 16, 2015
- A Kick-Ass director may do Flash Gordon next - April 16, 2015
- Fletch reboot moves studios - April 16, 2015
- Bill Paxton joins Grand Theft Auto - April 15, 2015
- Cary Fukunaga directing The Alienist - April 15, 2015
- Wonder Woman loses MacLaren, Perlman nabs Captain Marvel - April 14, 2015
- Three for the Roald - April 14, 2015
- Trailer : Ant-Man - April 14, 2015