“Kick-Ass 2″ director Jeff Wadlow has signed on to write, with an eye to direct, “X-Force” for Twentieth Century Fox, says The Hollywood Reporter.
As the name suggests, the film’s characters belong to Marvel’s “X-Men” Universe. Among the heroes amongst the characters, ‘Cable’ who is related to original X-Men Jean Grey and Cyclops.
Lauren Shuler Donner, who has worn a producer hat on the “X-Men” franchise, is on board to produce.
The news comes hot on the heels of XMenFilm.Com‘s discovery that Fox had registered the domain name X-Forcemovie.com, hinting at a possible future project. Fox, no doubt, had hoped to conceal the news until next week’s Comic-Con, where it’s likely they’ll officially announce the project.
Before any of this comes to fruition, Fox has Bryan Singer’s “X-Men : Days of Future Past” out 2014.
Wadlow, whose latest film “Kick-Ass 2″ opens in August, got his start with a post-film school project called “Cry Wolf” starring Jon Bon Jovi in 2005.
- First look at Chewbacca from Star Wars : The Force Awakens - December 19, 2014
- Sony, Rodriguez team for Fire and Ice franchise - December 19, 2014
- David Fincher has two TV gigs in the works - December 19, 2014
- New Pics : Daredevil, Crimson Peak, Jurassic World - December 19, 2014
- Amanda Waller part cast in Suicide Squad - December 18, 2014
- Andy Serkis talks his Star Wars characters - December 18, 2014
- Veronica Mars star has a Rocky future - December 17, 2014
- Who is Star Wars’ Captain Phasma!? - December 17, 2014
- Orlando Bloom back for Pirates 5? - December 17, 2014
- Reboot of The Craft in the works? - December 16, 2014